If after reading this notice you have questions,
please contact us at: 803.794.9201
or write to:
Brookland Federal Credit Union
949 Sunset Boulevard
West Columbia, SC 29169
Information We Collect About You
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms; this may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, as permitted by law.
Parties Who Receive Information From Us
We may disclose nonpublic information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial Service Providers, such as insurance companies
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check/share draft printers, financial statement publishers, and plastic card processors
Disclosure of Information to Parties That Provide Services to Us
In order for us to conduct the business of the credit union, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements so that we may provide members competitive products and services. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
To protect our members' privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide to other third parties.
Disclosure of Information About Former Members
If you terminate your membership with Brookland Federal Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, or procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What Members Can Do To Help
Brookland Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) or passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, Social Security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact your immediately.
- Let us know if you have questions. Please do not hesitate to call us. We are here to serve you
Access to Third Party Sites/E-mail:
Links to other Web Sites and/or e-mail addresses are provided solely as a convenience to our members and other customers. Brookland Federal Credit Union has no control over these sites/addresses; and the Credit Union shall have no responsibility or liability relating to any access to such sites or communications between you and such Third Parties. In addition, Third Parties are not covered by Brookland Federal Credit Union's privacy or other policies; and the Credit Union is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of Third Party Sites. Brookland Federal Credit Union Web Site may also contain links to other web sites owned, operated by, or affiliated with the Credit Union ("Affiliated Sites"). Affiliated Sites are also not governed by Brookland Federal Credit Union’s privacy or other policies; and you are advised to review the privacy statement applicable to each Affiliated Site you visit.
Products/Services Offered By Third Parties/Affiliates:
Any financial, investment, warranty, credit insurance or other products or services (“products”) which are provided by third parties or any affiliates are not products of Brookland Federal Credit Union. If the purchase of same is facilitated by or through Credit Union financing such is merely a convenience to the borrower(s) and is in no way creates any contractual or other relationship between the borrower(s) and the Credit Union with regard to any such products. Any rights, obligations or claims with regard to such products shall be solely and exclusively by and between the party providing such products as may be set forth in any applicable contracts, agreements or otherwise, and Brookland Federal Credit Union shall have no obligations, responsibilities, duties, or liabilities whatsoever regarding same.